Work That Reconnects Facilitator Development Group
A bi-monthly group to support WTR Facilitators!
Whether you are an aspiring facilitator or arrive here with decades of experience under your belt, we all need community support to develop our craft and continue to deepen our understandings of the content and facilitation of Joanna Macy's work in our unfolding planetary moment.
And we need to know each other, both locally and international. The "Work That Reconnects" has cultivated a rich, international community. One of our goals here is to connect you further with your WTR comrades, both local and afar.
***From July-October 2021, Lydia will be interviewing Joanna every two weeks about the roots and inspirations behind some of the most popular WTR teachings and exercises, to support facilitators carrying the stories behind this work with integrity. Interviews will be uploaded and made available for all members!***
Get started now!
Here you will also find multiple, supportive resources for the development of your knowledge your craft as a WTR facilitator including:
- Two Wednesday 2-hour Zoom meetings per month, connecting our growing community of facilitators and students of the WTR. One will be at 10am PST and one at 5pm PST to accommodate a diversity of time zones. We will meet and discuss our questions, discoveries, and facilitation tools.
- Each Zoom meeting will begin with a short lecture by seasoned facilitator and student of Joanna's, Lydia Violet Harutoonian. These subjects relate to the WTR and it's facilitation and can also be shaped by participants through periodic survey. Conversations will also focus on current, emergent world events and how to incorporate these events to stay relevant in our workshop, educational, and community gathering spaces.
- Two year of recordings of past lessons and meetings, including with Joanna Macy, adrienne maree brown, and others. You have full access to these recordings, with ability to review them as we cover an introduction to WTR facilitation, teaching through exercises, equity and facilitation, and more.
- Written and video resources on the respective subjects covered each month will also be available, as well as past materials.
- The ability to connect with facilitators both in your area and around the world. Each Zoom call will also be a space for participants to bring their discoveries and challenges around facilitating/understanding the WTR to the table for conversation.
Monthly topics covered will include but are not limited to:
- Workshop prep
- Basics of group dynamics
- The application of systems theory to group facilitation. Understanding who is in the room: what is the conversation this particular group can have?
- Facilitating an inclusive, equity-informed environment. The intersection space between social equity work and the WTR.
- Trauma-Informed Facilitation
- Facilitation of WTR exercises
- Deep Ecology: The Living Planet As Our Larger Self
- Mutual Causality/Systems Theory
- Deep Time
- The Spiral of the WTR
- Radical Uncertainty
- Grief Work
- Collaboration & Reciprocal Individuation
Registration: $40/month offers complete access to all programming! We believe in making content as accessible as possible while paying WTR Facilitators and visiting teachers a fair, livable wage. All programming is also no one turned away for lack of funds. You contribution helps support all this!
This is an ongoing group that can be joined anytime. Please feel free to send any questions, including scholarship requests to [email protected]
Lydia Violet Harutoonian M.A., has studied closely with elder and scholar Joanna Macy for the past decade, learning how we can metabolize our pain for the world into energy for resilience, action, and community. Lydia met Joanna while studying for her M.A. in Philosophy and Religion from the California Institute of Integral Studies, where she studied with other prominent thinkers such as Brian Swimme and Richard Tarnas.
Lydia also runs The Music As Medicine Project, a non-profit dedicated to creating access to music, music education, and Joanna Macy's work as tools for cultivating resilient cultures in our communities. www.musicasmedicineproject.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Use coupon code "MAMUSE 50" until February 18th to sign up and receive 50% off your first month